Strategic Publicity Helps Draw Record Numbers for Annual Sustainable Convergence Party
A record 450 sustainability enthusiasts signed on for the Foresight Design Initiative's 2007 Sustainable Convergence party and fund raiser, publicized by Terracom Public Relations. The event benefited Foresight's many sustainability programs, including the Chicago Sustainable Business Alliance.
Much of Terracom's strategy centered on the eco-fashion component: EcoModa - The Sustainable Fashion Showcase. From naming considerations to media strategies, Terracom sought to broaden Foresight's reach.
Key online placements resulted in pickup by more than 50 social media networks and RSS aggregators. And placements in tourism, fashion, design, lifestyle, entertainment, business and major consumer press brought messages of sustainability to new audiences.
More coverage highlights include:
- An evening TV news feature on NBC5 Chicago
- Two high-profile placements each in the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times
- Coverage by Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Reader, TimeOut Chicago and RedEye
- A feature on Chicago Public Radio’s 848 and All Things Considered
- On-site Dish Network coverage that generated even more buzz at the event
- An Gold MarCom Creative Award and a Silver Trumpet Award
Listen to the Chicago Public Radio feature.