Terracom conceptualized and oversaw development of an original art installation for Bartlett Tree Experts that Bartlett commissioned to be a springboard for tree-care education, advance the Bartlett brand in one of its target markets, and further differentiate the company from other tree-care providers. The interactive artwork, See the Forest (For the Trees), was the result.
- Identified and secured the Naperville Park District, a prominent agency in the community and one of the largest park districts in Illinois, as project partner to both host the installation and collaborate on educational programming.
- Recruited prominent environmental artist Jenny Kendler, whose work has been exhibited internationally, to envision and create the interactive installation.
- Conceptualized the project, managed it from start to finish and collaborated on execution.
- Publicity that included a 14-minute segment on Chicago Public Radio, as well as print, online video, television coverage and social media mentions.
- Announcement of the installation and programming, including prominent display of the Bartlett logo, in the Naperville Park District program guide, which was sent to 45,500 households, with another 4,500 distributed at public locations throughout the city.
- A park district eBlast about the project, including prominent display of the Bartlett logo, to 28,000 Naperville households.
- News items promoting the project on the Naperville Park District website's home page for nearly 11 weeks. The website averages 30,000 visits per month. Items linked to multiple pages that included the Bartlett logo and Bartlett sponsorship information.
- An international Gold MarCom Creative Award for marketing and communications excellence.
- Positive visitor reactions to the interactive artwork, including "I love it," "... I find it to be very powerful," and "As you learn about the trees here, you start to care more about other trees, like the ones in your own backyard."
Learn more about Bartlett Tree Experts.